Thursday 5 September 2013

meet.make.baby blankets: part 3

It's time for another baby blanket post! You can find part one here and part two here. Can I just throw out how difficult it is to get good pictures of blankets for the ol' blog here? We have had a heck of a time taking photos that showcase the blankets! If anyone has any tips we would love to hear them! 

I made this blanket for the lovely Lindsay, one of my nearest and dearest friends. (She was my maid of honor at my wedding) I started this blanket prior to her giving birth, but the baby had plans of his own and came 3 weeks early. Jack Andrew was born a few weeks ago, and he is the cutest!! I had to frantically work away to get it done in time to give to her. 

basket weave crochet baby blanket from @meetmakelaugh


My original plan was to follow this basket weave baby blanket pattern. As I started going though, I realized I had made a big mistake! I was crocheting in the front and back loop instead of the front and back post.... whoops! I decided to keep going by adding in a mint stripe and changing to the proper basket weave pattern. I then switched back at the end to create a sectioned blanket.

basket weave crochet baby blanket from @meetmakelaugh

The yarn I used was Bernat Softee Baby in Grey Marl and Mint with a 6.00 mm hook. I really enjoyed crocheting with this yarn, and will definitely be getting it again for other baby projects! 

basket weave crochet baby blanket from @meetmakelaugh

As much as I screwed up the pattern, I really like the different textures that are now present in the blanket. It makes it more interesting, no?

basket weave crochet baby blanket from @meetmakelaugh

Welcome to the world baby Jack! I can't wait to watch you grow! 


7 comments:

  1. This is really lovely, such a clever design and the different patterns look great together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weave is amazing! I love the texture it adds to the blanket. The colors are a lot of fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool crochet pattern - I thought it only existed as a knitting pattern. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blanket! I would definitely buy it if I'd see it in a store! Thanks for sharing! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blanket! It's texture combined with the color gives it a very cozy look!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the texture of the blanket!

    You could photograph it hanging on a washing line?

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover