Tuesday 25 June 2013

meet.make.wedding wands.


Let the wedding craft posts COMMENCE! I thought I would share with you my take on the traditional 'Wedding Wands'! An easy step-by-step guide to follow...

Like many of you out there in the blog-iverse (though you may not admit it), I started pinning items to my Wedding Pinterest Board even before I was engaged. Oh shush. You do too! Haha!  

When a ring was placed (FINALLY! jk...) on my finger, I got LOST in wedding blogs. Has anyone else found this? 

During my endless searching for pretty ideas, I came across the wedding wands! A great addition to my non-traditional DIY wedding. So after a mandatory trip to Quoola one day, a new staple for us islanders, we starting creating my wands! 

As a surprise, my wonderful husband (still getting used to saying that) purchased the wooden dowels at Home Depot. From there he cut them to size, and twisted in the eyelet screws. This made things VERY easy for us.

Supplies:
Wooden dowels
Eyelet screws
Ribbon colours of your choice (or fabric)
Bells 
Wire to secure the bells 
1. Screw in the eyelet screws to the top of the wooden dowel
2. Cut the ribbon or fabric to the length of your choosing. I chose my two wedding colours: Navy and peach!
3. Slip the strips through the screw, and then knot the fabric by the screw to secure
4. Place the wire through the bell (size of your choosing) and then secure that to the screw. 'Ding-a-ling-a-ling'!
5. All finished! How fun!

Here, Steph and I will show you how to use them!

The wedding wands were passed out before the ceremony began, and after we said 'I do' the wands with bells were a great way to help celebrate our marriage! No getting pelted by rice or confetti for us! The guests could use the wands as a dancing accessory (which the kids found very appealing), for photos, or take home as a gift!







5 comments:

  1. These are a great idea! And, thanks for including the tutorial for how to use them... you gals are so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard about weddings wands before but that is such a beautiful idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of a wedding wand before - what a brilliant idea - I would love to have a good old boogie with one of those to pose around with! I can't wait til my lil sis gets married now, so I can suggest this to her!
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! The rice throwing is not really for me, either. At one wedding I went to they had bursting bubbles as a send-off, that was really great, too.

    I'll have to say it again: You really look stunning in your dress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool idea, I would never have thought of using them as alternative to confetti.

    Loving that collage of you and Stephanie dancing around :-)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover