Monday 20 May 2013

The baby crafting continues.....

There is definitely something in the water..... and it's not only Cindy that's pregnant! We each know a few other people who are expecting over the next 6 months!

You know what that means.

BABY CRAFTING TIME!!

Steph:

My lovely cousin Cara just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy..... and I was so excited to make a fun hat to send to her baby shower! After searching through patterns on Ravelry, I decided to make a monkey hat. I finished it in one morning, and LOVE the finished project! All of the rest of you expecting babies.... you are probably going to get one of these too.




Hayley:
I love instant gratification when knitting or crocheting. I can get distracted quite easily or get bored, so baby projects are the best! So fast, and just oh so adorable.


When our friend Stef was pregnant with her second little one, I put my brain to work! Stef and her lil'family LOVE hockey, hence the skates!

I worked up the skate by crocheting just a classic baby bootie pattern, like this one, and began with a white sole. I then created the skate blade with a knit pattern that sunflowerfairy had designed; attached. I then crocheted a single chain to create the look of thicker lace. 

Stef was gracious enough to share a picture of Birkley and his tiny skates. 
SO. CUTE.



Her hockey family.






11 comments:

  1. sooo can I wear one of those hats or are they for babies only? Maybe there's a puppy version? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of these hats too! You girls are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh those skates lined up are so adorable!! And the baby in skates:) Too sweet. Your little hat is amazing too, I couldn't craft that up to save my life, maybe one day!
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hat is super cute, and those little skates are to die for!! I love knitting for babies. I wonder if I could come up with a knitting pattern for baby figure skates...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute makes!! The monkey hat is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that making things for ourselves is fun, but baby stuff is just so dang cute!! I never get over tiny little hats or socks (or skate socks in this case)! ;) Just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The monkey hat is sooo cute! Wish I could crochet, sigh. I learned once but now I only know how to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both projects are so fun! Such a fun time for you ladies, I'm glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhh... the hockey family! SO cute.

    Jen
    drawingsunderthetable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is a lot of cuteness in this post, I might have to collect myself first.


    Okay...I'm good.

    That has is adorable. I like its mouth the most.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great post! I love the pictures. How cute is Birkley? Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover