Thursday 13 December 2012

meet.make.music: Christmas Edition

Getting ready in the a.m. - you bet we are jamming! Driving to and from work - the tunes are cranked. Sitting at work writing emails - the headphones are likely on.

Simply put - we LOVE music and are constantly sharing artists and songs with each other. So we decided to start a weekly music sharing series!

Every week, each of us will pick a song to share with all of you. Sometimes there will be a theme, and sometimes not.




Share our love of music with us and tell us your favorite song each week!
This week's theme: Favorite Christmas songs

Hayley:
Can I put two?.. because I just did...hehe.
1. No Doubt - Oi to the World
No it's not your typical Christmas song, but I really like listening to it this time of year. Listen closely, and you'll hear a little snippit from "Frosty the Snowman"!
Oi to the punks!




2. Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas
Alright, here is my 'Classic' Christmas tune. This song makes my "heart grow three sizes".. get it? The Grinch Stole Christmas anyone? It also makes me think of the concert scene in Love Actually, my favorite Christmas movie! Great job Mariah. You are my Christmas staple. Slow claps all around?




 


Cindy: 

FACT - The best way to spread Christmas cheer  is singing loud for all to hear!!!

I am a BIG little kid during the holidays! Not because of the gift giving or the Santa Claus frenzy, but because of the big crazy family get-togethers full of food, karaoke, drinks, and dancing... that's how it was growing up for me! Some of us have moved away since, our families have grown, life happens and it gets harder to gather in a one spot but Christmas time always takes me back to my kiddie days where we celebrated till the wee hours of the morning... 

This song in particular brings me back! The Jose Feliciano version more accurately but Michael Buble... is Michael Buble.

Who else wishes it is was Christmas all year round?!? :)



Steph:
Confession.... I've been rocking Christmas music since mid-November. I love it. I have so many favourites.... many of which you all probably know. I thought I would share with you a song that you may not know, but will definitely love! Then I couldn't find a video. Boo. But you should still check out Schuyler Fisk's new holiday EP Sounds of the Holidays, especially Sleep Sleep, her Christmas Lullaby. It is a great original Christmas song. 

So onto another video.... my favourite Christmas song without a doubt is Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas. Sung by anyone. But especially sung by She & Him, because they are really just the best. 



What is your favourite song during the holiday season?

2 comments:

  1. you guys are the best!!! love love this post! and now i'm jammin' away here. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I love she & him! They are so cool! i don't really have a favorite christmas song to be honest....weird.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover