Thursday 23 February 2012

Stephanie's DIY Jewelry Organizer

How to outsmart a kitten:

After too much getting on my hands and knees searching for earrings my kitten pushed off my dresser, I decided I needed a way to keep them out of reach and organized. Surprisingly, my husband Pat came up with this fun project!


Supplies:
  • Cork board of any size (Any office supply store has lots!)
  • Piece of fabric
  • Scissors 
  • Hot Glue
  • Straight Pins
Steps:
  • Cut fabric approximately 3-4 inches wider around then the cork board.
  • Lay fabric right side out down on a flat surface, and place cork board upside down in the middle of the fabric.
  • Fold fabric edges over and hot glue to the back of the cork board. Make sure to keep the tension to avoid ripples in the material.
  • After glue has dried, hang and pin away! 

How do you organize your jewelry?

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea! I love how you can match it to your decor by choosing a fabric that goes with your room. I bet it is puppy safe too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
Pin It button on image hover